Heated yaw control vane for wind turbines, compatible to digital inputs of turbine controllers, PLCs and other instruments.
Available in three different versions, all of them provide reliably measure wind speed for turbine control in all climates.
• Two-stage contamination protection extends sensor life.
• Fully sealed sensor body minimizes dust, dirt, and water ingress.
• New cartridge bearing design. This new fully encapsulated bearing design makes the bearings literally free of invasion from dust and/or humidity, as well as other ambient agents such as saltpetre, allowing a longer sensor life.
• Shock-resistant bearing mounting prevents damage caused by rough handling.
• Rugged metal head prevents breakage due to accidental drops or icing.
• Recommended maintenance interval of 10 years eliminates unwanted trips to your turbines.
• Heater fully embedded on sensor head:
• Improved icing performance.
• Self-regulated. No external temperature switch required.
• Power consumption is automatically adjusted to keep the optimum working temperature.
• Metal sensor body conducts heat to the whole sensor, preventing ice buildup and increasing turbine availability in icing climates.
• 96W heating element provides ample de-icing power.
• Resolution of 0.35°.
• Accuracy of ±1° with 100% factory calibration.
• Unique twin tail design improves accuracy in off-axis winds, providing greater accuracy in the turbulent wind, best performance to wind calms/gusts, and best sensitivity to wind changes without swinging. Hybrid XT vanes are literally free of the effects caused by wind turbulences.
• Patent-pending dynamic damping:
• Reduces erratic vane movement in gusty winds, providing superior wind tracking performance without increasing threshold.
• Enhanced dynamic stability no vane spin. No more turbines off-line due to “Orientation time exceeded”.
• Best stability and orientation mean lowest number of yaw movements of the turbine, avoiding unnecessary gear’s wear.
• Quick connection/disconnection feature reduces turbine off-line during maintenance or repair.
• All zinc body reduces environmental impact no nickel plating. Improved corrosion performance.